I was stuck at the Vibrant screen after applying the official OTA update from T-Mobile the other day on my Samsung Vibrant. Most people were saying it was because of not running the Stock firmware, but I did not have any real “mods” to the OS, except for a GPS fix. I have also heard people that are running full, non-rooted, Stock firmware phones and still having the same issue.
I wanted to post the steps I took to fix my problem. Your results may vary, and I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for any problems that you may have because you read this and did what worked for me. I am just posting it because it worked for me, and others.
- Download ODIN3 1.0
- Download 512 PIT
- Download JFD tar
- Note that all 3 of those are from the same thread. It also wouldn't hurt for your to read that post too.
- Open Odin, plug in your phone, then put it into download mode.
- To expand on this because a lot of people were asking "how to put in download mode". The easiest way I found to actually do it, if you can can connect via ADB is to do the following:
# reboot download
If you can't get that to work, try how i mention below (phone off, battery out, hold vol+ & vol-), or try searching these forums for "vibrant download mode" you will find other things that "work" for people
- At this point ODIN failed on me. and I got the "mobile-!-pc" image.
- plug the USB back in (the phone should be off)
- Hold down vol+ & vol-
- Put battery back in
- press power
Once ODIN completed successfully, it rebooted in to the Stock build. i let it do all that. then I shut it off, put the sdcard and SIM back in and booted in to recovery and restored from my Nandroid and I was back to the way it was right before I applied the update.
Hey I'm stuck at File AnalysisReplyDelete