You can easily flash the Touch version of ClockworkMod from ROM Manager for an in app purchase of around $3.00. But you can manually do it and save a couple bucks if you want to try the touch version before you buy it.
- Download the touch version for your device from the ClockworkMod website
- rename the downloaded file to recovery.img
- copy the renamed file to /sdcard/recovery.img
- open a terminal window (or adb shell)
- su in the shell to gain root access
- run the following command:
# dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/RECOVERY
- reboot the device in to recovery and enjoy
Followed your instructions for my desire HD. Downloaded the right version of clockworkmod touch for my device but here is the error I am getting.ReplyDelete
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/RECOVERY: cannot open for write: No such file or directory.
I am thinking we may need to do a chmod to make the block writeable?
The path in my post is specifically for the Note II. Your path is probably different for the Desire HD.ReplyDelete