There is a new release of Droid Explorer that is now available for download. This release is mainly some bug fixes. The most important is fixing support for the changes to ADB where the feature ‘status-window’ was removed. Droid Explorer used this feature to monitor the status of the connected devices. The removal of this required a little reworking of the monitoring, but at this point I think I am happy with the new functionality.
Full change log is available on Droid Explorer Site:
- updated the location of the device images to use the program data directory. This is mainly for the service because a normal user, on windows 10, will not have access to read the icon file.
- updated to use Visual Studio 2015
- updated to .net 4.5.2
- updated to use Wix 3.10 - it will try to use the installed version of wix, if it has created the WIX environment variable
- changed the position of the Ask for Help button on windows 8+ devices to account for the larger buttons (on windows 10)
- fixed when looking for the build tools versions it will only take directories in to account that match a version string regex.
- Reworked the 'status-window' to use existing functionality in ADB so a different binary does not have to be distributed with Droid Explorer.
- Updated some of the plugins that launch tools. It now checks for the tools, if it can't find them, they will not show up.
- Updated the application manifest files to support current features in windows.
- Added check to see if user (or user policy) has recent document tracking disabled. If it is, do not attempt to create jump lists.